Reading Lists

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

Photobucket

- For Cassia, nothing is left to chance--not what she will eat, the job she will have, or the man she will marry. In Matched, the Society Officials have determined optimal outcomes for all aspects of daily life, thereby removing the "burden" of choice. When Cassia's best friend is identified as her ideal marriage Match it confirms her belief that Society knows best, until she plugs in her Match microchip and a different boy’s face flashes on the screen. This improbable mistake sets Cassia on a dangerous path to the unthinkable--rebelling against the predetermined life Society has in store for her. -


- My Review:

If your like dystopian love stories (like Delirum) this is the book for you! I sometimes choose books based only one covers and this was one of them. The cover was able to catch my eye and if I had money would have bought it and kept it just for the cover alone. Sometimes I get it right and the book is awesome, and this is one of those times.

I just started getting into the dystopian type of stories (like Brave New World) and I'm already hooked. And thanks to that I've found a favorite new author!

I could not put the book down! :D

4/5 stars (because the ending was not the best but the rest of the book was great)

No comments:

Post a Comment